July 19, 2012 by UtahMan&Wife
It’s the 19th of the month, which means it’s our “Wedding
Anniversary Month-iversary” today! Wife and I are celebrating 271 Months of marital bliss. (“Because, Why wait to celebrate every year when you can celebrate every month?” That’s been our motto for the past 22.7 years, and it’s worked for us)
So, Happy Month-iversary, Wife! Here’s to enjoying the next 271 months as a SKINNIER couple of lovebirds! I’m not sure we could (or would want to) ever get back to our newlywed weight (but, maybe close).
Starting Weight: 249.4 lbs
Highest Load Weight: 254.0 lbs
Yesterday’s Weight: 222.2 lbs
Today’s Weight: 221.4 – down -0.8 lb
Pre-load weight loss -28.0 lbs; post-load weight loss -32.6 lbs
Yesterday’s topic got me thinking of more “little things” I have noticed since starting this journey:
- I feel lighter and it’s easier to move (this may seem obvious but it’s true).
- I can bend over at the waist to tie my shoes and still be able to breathe normally (hard to do with a big belly).
- I have had issues with adult acne in the past, but my skin seems clearer and less problematic now.
- I am enjoying vegetables that I never really ate or liked before – such as asparagus, cabbage and radishes.
- Our kids are eating better and making better food choices. They are even starting to learn how to measure their portions and to cook on their own.
- We are reaping the benefits of doing something beneficial for ourselves, but also for each other and, maybe more importantly, WITH each other.
- I noticed this morning how skinny my neck is getting. I can’t make my signature “Mr. Potato Head Man chin” anymore. (That’s a good thing – on many levels).
ONLY 42 MORE DAYS UNTIL KICKOFF! GO UTES!!
Starting Weight: 187.2 lbs
Highest Load Weight: 192.8 lbs
Yesterday’s Weight: 171.6 lbs
Today’s Weight: 171.3 – down -0.3
Totals: – Pre-load weight loss 15.9 lbs / Post-load loss -21.5 lbs
Well, on the bright side, at least I lost something today. On the darker side, I’m still stuck in the 170s (for 20 days now!). Grrr. It’s so frustrating. I wish I could break through that barrier. I’m hoping I will at least break through before this round ends! Which is coming very soon!Technically this 43 day round is supposed to end in 8 more days (5 more days of drops + 3 transition days eating 500 cals still, but w/o drops). However, we’ve run into a bit of a snag because we are going on a FAMILY VACATION, and the day we are supposed to end the drops we will still be out of town. We decided that we don’t want to be on vacation struggling to eat only 500 calories without the hCG in our system! That would be a bit “cruel and unusual punishment”. So, we are going to pack and take all of our food in a big cooler on the trip + our blender + our scale, so we can stay POP and keep doing the program until we return. This will only add another 2 additional before we transition off VLCD and move on to Phase 3.
Phase 3 is when we will no longer be on the drops or eating VLCD and will need to keep within a 2 lb radius of our Last Dosage Weight (LDW) for 3 solid weeks in order to “set” our bodies at that weight. Without the hCG releasing all of those extra fat calories into our blood stream, we will need to ramp up our calories big time so the body doesn’t think it’s starving and hold onto fat – to approximately 1200-1800 cals.
As for me, I’m just so tired right now. I haven’t been getting more than 4-5 hrs of sleep per night all week. That is probably why I am losing less. The body needs to sleep to repair and work on releasing fat. But, it’s a tech-week and a performance weekend for me. So, that means late nights and early mornings for my day job. “This too shall pass”, and then we switch to “vacation mode” (which is going to be a really interesting challenge).Happy Month-iversary back to my sweet hubby! Isn’t he the best? For 271 months, he’s never forgotten our month-iversary. So glad I married that cute blonde fella! 19 is definitely a lucky number.:)